The following tips are Islamized quotes from the U.S. Department of Health
and Human Services, Public Health Service, National Institutes of Health.
No known substance can extend life, but the chances of staying healthy
and living a long time can be improved:
- Eat a balanced diet, including five helpings of fruits and
vegetables a day
- Exercise regularly (check with a doctor before starting an exercise
- Get regular health check-ups.
- Don't smoke (it's never too late to quit).
- Practice safety habits at home to prevent falls and fractures.
Always wear your seatbelt in a car.
- Stay in contact with family and friends. Stay active through work,
play, and community.
- Avoid overexposure to the sun and the cold.
- Do not drink. While drinking may have a few benefits, its harm far
exceeds its benefit.
- Keep personal and financial records in order to simplify budgeting
and investing. Plan long-term housing and money needs.
- Keep a positive attitude toward life. Do things that make you happy.